Considerations when managing your online marketing
by Paul Friend, Friendly Consultancy of Derby
Online marketing should be a very important method of marketing your business and can show fantastic results when managed correctly. When you manage your online marketing please take into consideration the following:
1. If you don’t track the results of your marketing, you might as well not be marketing at all. Google Analytics gives you a great overview of your site’s statistics plus some very nitty-gritty details that help you track internet marketing campaigns.
2. If you want good search engine rankings, Google likes it if you have an XML sitemap on your site.
3. Are you aware that your site looks completely different on some browsers?. For some real comparisons, check older versions with newer ones (like IE6 versus IE8). Why check older versions? Because 20 percent of people have IE6 loaded on their computer, even though it was created in 2001 and is not fully CSS compliant. Better safe than sorry.
4. Find out what keywords are popular and what people are searching for via Google’s search engine?.
5. Monitor the traffic rank for your site and your competitor’s sites.
6. Do market research, carry out online surveys, use it for course evaluations and brainstorming groups.
7. Blog it aids with your creditability.
8. There’s nothing worse than sending an email that gets caught in filters and never reaches the recipients.
9. Set objectives for you online marketing to allow you to measure the success and ROI of your online marketing.